Heartland Express Bus Service
Toll Free: 800-707-2717
Hours: 8am – 5pm Weekdays
Located at 1900 North Franklin Street in New Ulm
Bus Service Hours
County-Wide: 8am-5pm Weekdays
New Ulm Only: 6:15am-5:45pm Weekdays; 8am-12pm Sundays
Closed on these Holidays:
New Year’s Day
Sunday before Memorial Day
July 3rd, In Honor of Independence Day
Sunday before Labor Day
Day after Thanksgiving
Sunday after Thanksgiving
Click here for the Rider Guide
- Ride requests should be made between 8am and 3pm weekdays.
- Rides must be requested one business day prior to day of the ride.
- Ride requests can be made up to 14 days in advance.
- Same day requests will be honored if our prescheduled routes allow.
|$1.50 or 1 white token, one way|
|$3.00 or two white tokens, one way|
|Senior Dining at the CAST Senior Center/New Ulm Community Center Only:|
|$.75 or one Blue Token, one way (New Ulm Senior Dining Only)|
Save by Buying a Package of Tokens
- Package of 10 white tokens $13 ($15 value) are available at most area banks and grocery stores throughout the county and at the Heartland Express Office.
- Packages of 10 blue tokens $6.50 ($7.50 value) are available only at the New Ulm Senior Dining Site and the Heartland Express Office
White Tokens Available At:
- Frandsen Bank
- Alliance Bank
- Citizens Bank
- Hy Vee
- Cash Wise
- Bank Midwest
- Schutz Family Foods
- Randy’s Family Drug
- Springfield Market
- Red Rock Bank
- Choice Financial Savings
- Alliance Bank
About Heartland Express Bus Service
Brown County Heartland Express provides more than 50,000 rides each year in Brown County, including the cities of New Ulm, Sleepy Eye, Evan, Cobden, Springfield, Comfrey and Hanska.
We take people of all ages and abilities to their work places, health care appointments, shopping, places of education and other community services and activities. We help keep people living actively and independently in their communities.
Transit supports local businesses by providing employees transportation to work, expanding the labor pool and transporting customers to their stores.
Using public transit, you have an affordable, clean, safe and dependable ride to your destination. You’ll save money over the cost of driving yourself, hiring someone to drive you or owning a car.
Types of Service:
- Demand response service on weekdays and Sundays.
- Morning and afternoon deviated fixed route service between New Ulm and Springfield. There is one round trip per day from east to west (five weekdays) and one round trip per day from west to east (five weekdays).